The Holiday You Need To Be Celebrating
We all know about Valentine’s Day on February 14th, but what about plans for Galentine’s Day on February 13th? This great holiday probably isn’t officially on your calendar considering it was only created nine years ago, but it may just be the most important day in all of February - in our opinions!
First thing’s first, how did Galentine’s Day become a thing? Fictional character Leslie Knope on Parks and Recreation invented Galentine's Day in 2010. Celebrated on February 13th, Galentine’s is for celebrating the love you have for your lady friends.
Now that you know about this holiday you’re probably wondering how to celebrate. There's no wrong way to celebrate, but here are a few suggestions:
1. Host a brunch or a wine and cheese night for you and your ladies
2. Make a reservation at a fancy restaurant
3. Shower your friends with gifts (we have suggestions, of course)
4. Marathon your favourite movies
5. Make a group mani-pedi appointment
Of course if you’re looking to shower your friends with gifts, we have some super fun Galentine's worthy suggestions:
1. MaskerAide Rosé All Day Rose Gold Peel Off Mask - The packaging on this mask alone is super Galentine’s Day appropriate, pink with pink hearts! The product itself helps to luminize, refine and visibly shrink pores, firm the skin, strip away impurities and it comes with two masks making it perfect for you to do with a friend!
2. Bake these adorable Conversation Heart Cookies - Martha Stewart approved! They say the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach but we all know food is the answer to any woman’s happiness.
3. An adorable Uteruses Before Duderuses Sticker - Leslie Knope invented Galentine’s so why not celebrate that with one of her best quotes about putting your friends ahead of boyfriends!
4. MaskerAide Detox Diva Hydrating Sheet Mask - Dating is stressful and unfortunately stress loves to make itself visible on your face. This sheet mask helps to minimize pores, absorb impurities and protect from toxins without removing your skin’s essential natural oils.
5. This Bad Girls Throughout History book - The 100 women highlighted in this book were bad for all the right reasons; they challenged the rules! From pirates to artists, warriors, daredevils, scientists, activists and spies, the accomplishments of these women vary as much as the eras and places in which they effected change.
6. MaskerAide Crystal Clear or Sweet Retreat Mini Masks - These masks are ADORABLE! They’re practically made for Instagram and each package comes with 12 mini masks so it’s perfect to share with friends.
Remember, Galentine's Day is all about gathering your girls and having a great time! How are you celebrating Galentine’s this year? Let us know in the comments below!